Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was explored.

Alright, I'm back tracking on some of my posts. I've most definitely been slacking on keeping the world, or the small crowd that reads this, inspired by my travels, but at last more fun weekend excursions!

Let's go with Emma and I's trip to Rome. It was simple. It was no rush, no fuss, it was amazing.

As a small group, we have decided that all new cities deserve a good attempt at breakfast/brunch. If you've been to Italy, you know that's not so easy. I mean, how do people not eat freaking eggs and toast for breakfast? And, thank you America for the invention of Mimosas. If only the rest of the world would jump on board. Although, prosecco is SO much better than champagne, but beggars can't be choosers.

In any case... we google & tripadvisor, and find the TOP place for breakfast and it's near our hotel. Double score. We spread the mimosa word to Julie, and she decides to for-go sleep for mimosa's, as any sane person would do. Baccano. That's the name of the place with the breakfast and the stuff. Don't go here. Everywhere we read, there was good reviews. "It's not a tourist trap." "The breakfast is great." "Yadda yadda.. all lies." We were one of the first customers in the door. The staff wasn't very friendly, and honestly, their eyes were glued on us... I personally think it's because duhh, 3 hot ladies just walked in. And, this is my blog so that's what happened. You weren't there. Their prosecco is really good to make your own mimosa's. Get the cheap stuff.

Needless to say, it was time to explore some of Rome (Emma hadn't been there yet), so off we go.. into the wild, blue... No, no, no. Off we go... into the crazy, Italian city. Apparently all 3 of us are terrible at reading maps, but not charts (cough, Julie, cough). We end up in some random Piazza in no time at all. Since the brunch, if you can call it that, was terrible, we opt for Chinese food. I mean, what else do you eat when in Rome?

The services was on point. The food was extremely good. Love me some Asian food. The wine was.... uhh, so dericious. (hah!) Emma goes to poor me another glass, she claims the bottle was blocking the soy sauce, knocked the entire thing over. Got all over the white/light/I don't remember the exact color table cloth, onto the floor.. MY LANTA! Clean-up on isle 5! They were so apologetic for our mess. I miss Asia.

Julie's time to go back to Gaeta, go to work, with zero sleep was quickly approaching, but you CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT go to Rome with out eating Gelato at least once... Of course, it's always preferred to eat it at least after every meal, if not for every meal. We end up in a random Piazza eating some amazing Gelato. As you can kinda, sorta tell in this said picture, we felt obligated to take pictures in front on their AWESOME ice cream chairs.. that we almost broke.

After Julie headed back to work on zero sleep, Emma and I hit the tourist spots one by one. Coliseum, Wedding cake building (I never remember what it's actually called), and the Spanish Steps which were the big 3. Of course, since Emma wanted to see the Steps the most, they were under construction. It always happens like that.

Emma and I enjoyed the rest of the weekend meandering through the streets of Rome drinking coffee and wine. It was a simple, yet wonderful trip spent with great company.

As always, stay tuned for more on my Sweet & Sour Life.

Don't forget to follow me @slayers30 on Instagram for more picture updates!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here Goes Nothing

How Sweet It Is.

The Wine-O Club Triad.. & their Baking day