The Wine-O Club Triad.. & their Baking day


I write this as all 3 of us prepare our lives for new chapters. Georgia. California. Maryland. All nowhere near each other, but all equally excited for future adventures... and how they’ve just only begun. 

One day, I had the novel idea to use all my baking supplies to bake for the entire USS Mount Whitney and all it’s departments delicious delights. Now, picture my baking supplies as a Hoarders Baking Edition. We had more than enough to make this happen. The most logical idea was to divide and conquer. You have to start off strong in this sort of event otherwise you’ll never get very far in the process. 

So I barked orders, Emma started with peanut butter cookies, and Sara was in-charge of the Butter Pecan Fudge. Emma has become quite the baker, it was her ability to read and follow a recipe, Sara didn’t possess the same skills. 

As you know when you make fudge, it takes a HOT minute to sit, harden, and cool to where it actually looks and taste like fudge. After about 4 hours it was time to taste Sara’s fudge… that didn’t look like normal fudge. Should have been a tell-tell sign, but Emma and I tried it anyways, this is what friends are for after all. Do you know the feeling of sand in your mouth? That gritty feeling? It was EXACTLY like that but over-the-top sweetness! I give Emma my “Wtf are we eating eyes,” she turns to Sara, “How much sugar did you put in this?!”

Of course, like everything else with us, we just die of laughter. After recovering, I take a look at the recipe, “It says 1/2 cup of brown sugar.”...

“Oh... I may have put 2 cups of brown sugar…” -Sara (insert awkward face here).

2 CUPS! 2 CUPS! Long story short, Sara isn’t allowed to bake with out reading the recipe out loud.

When you start being friends with someone, you don’t expect to.. well you don’t really expect anything. THEN, you end up always laughing uncontrollably at so many random things, majority of the time you can’t even think why it’s funny, but it is. It makes you happy. Warms your heart a little bit. And, even are eager to hang with these people more. That’s how I feel about this.

I could go on and on about all the funny stories, comments, etc, but I doubt you all would appreciate them like we do. This definitely falls into the “Sweet” category of life. And although it is just a mundane day in my life, it should bring a smile just knowing that I have the best homies a person could ask for… Be jealous.

We also haven't really step foot back into the kitchen since this fatefull day. 

(Oh, & I think it goes without saying all of the above is typically done while enjoy wine.. Hence: Wine-O Club. It's what we call our friendship.)

Side comment: Don't hold Sara's faces against her. She's quite awkward and doesn't know how to take photos. We are also working on this. (I make her sound like we are friends to help her... with life. LOL!)

**Some of these pictures are a little older, but they help describe why these ladies are wonderful & why some of my best memories in this duty station get dedicated to them!!**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here Goes Nothing

How Sweet It Is.

When in Athens